Friday, December 13, 2013

Guerrero Negro to Vizcaino

Spent some good time in Guerrero Negro this week. In the afternoon on the third day out there, I was eating some fish tacos in my room and saw Bobby and Alix being guided through the hotel. Pretty crazy, but it's our second time being reunited at a hotel neither of us planned on being at. They were given the room next to mine and it gave us another chance to catch up. Wish I had fun adventures from this town to report, but it was honestly a terrific, lazy stay.

The next morning, the others were off doing laundry and while getting lunch I ran into two more adventure cyclists. They're riding north, the only ones I've met so far, from Guatemala to San Diego. They have no experience with touring by bicycle, very little mechanical knowledge and are on very old road used bikes from Central America... needless to say, they're like us, bicycle tourists, and they're having a great time!! These two ended up staying at the hotel with us. We went out to dinner with them, ate some tacos and by the next morning, went our separate ways. Its nice meeting folks on the road.

That day I took off toward Vizcaino, through another desert and 75km away. Bobby and Alix chose to stay another night, so we said our farewells again, knowing that likely we'll meet up once more. It was a great day... Perfect weather, tailwinds and a beautiful desert with roads as flat as a pancake. Amazing riding conditions. The 75km was a breeze and after the long rest in Gro. Negro, my body performed terrifically and feels like a million bucks.

San Ignacio is next. ~75km away and from there another 75km to Santa Rosalia, which is where I'll catch my first glimpse of the Bay. Pretty stoked.

More than halfway done with Baja!

No comments:

Post a Comment