Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Santa Rosalia

Just a quick post tonight. I spent the day exploring Santa Rosalia. It's the biggest town I've been in since very early on in Baja. It has a really neat feel to it. The town sits along the shoreline of the Sea of Cortez and is the start of a little stretch of riding along the coast on the east side of Baja. Pretty cool journey from one side to the other. The pictures below were taken today while roaming around town.

While exploring the city I caught up with the French couple, who had just made it into Santa Rosalia. We stopped at the only ATM around and there we ran into Shawn, the solo rider from the San Ignacio camp. Shawn and I decided to stay another day and split a hotel room. It's great to be able to lock my stuff away and tour on foot. Also, by splitting the cost I made it the cheapest room in Baja so far.

After putting everything in the room, I went out again to walk around the area. Maybe an hour into strolling around, I ran into Bobby and Alix playing music on the street. They managed to make some good tips and even scored free food. Anyway, I told them where we were staying and later on they showed up and got a room. Again, oddly enough, we met again.






















No comments:

Post a Comment