Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Carlsbad to Laguna Beach, CA

This ride proved to me the importance of calories!! In an effort to save some cash, I went without breakfast before leaving Carlsbad. Bad move. About ten miles short of Laguna Beach, my body began to shut down. I was riding on flat ground, in my lowest gear, struggling to move forward at even the slowest pace. It was so frustrating!!! As soon as I could, I stopped for food. I ate a 12" inch sub, a bag of chips and a bottle of Pepsi. After a nice break, letting the meal settle, I took off again and was blown away at how my body reacted. I could feel the energy and power in my legs being restored. I finished the day having a new level of respect for calories and what they do for me.

Laguna Beach is beautiful. A great place to spend the night. I stayed at my third hostel on this tour. Man, hostels are a hoot. Cheap and fun. Ive been one of the very few Americans to stay at the hostels I've been to. I've met great groups of people from Australia, Germany, New Zealand and England, to name a few. The people I've met are right up my ally. Good humans spending as much of their lives, as possible, traveling. Definitely inspiring.

No pictures tonight! My phone was dead for most of this ride, so only my words will have to do.

3 comments: