Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Moving fast... Amtrak fast!!!

I'm writing this post while sitting on the Surfliner, an AmTrack train that is taking me to Santa Barbara. I decided that riding 200 miles through city after city (Starbucks after Starbucks) wasn't worth it. There are no options for camping anywhere along my route. The hotels are too expensive and I couldn't justify paying for them. The train ticket was $37, far less than what it would have cost for hotels and food for three days. It was a tough decision to make. After all, this is a bike tour, not a train tour. It's a small sacrifice that, in the end, will save me lots of money.

Amtrak is great!! This morning I rode ten miles to the Irvine station, where I boarded a train for the first time. I stored my bike in its designated area and found my seat. It's a very comfortable ride and feels like complete luxury! There is WiFi and even an outlet next to my seat. Ill be in Santa Barbara in a few hours and am staying with a friend from back home. It'll be a great time! This is where I learn to surf... can't wait!!

Here are some pics... A sand-castle I made, topped with blue and white shell scraps, a photoshopped photo of my rad beard, a shot of Angels Stadium and the train!









1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You're beard is soooo long! Enjoy the train. I love them!

    ReplyDelete