Saturday, April 6, 2013

San Diego!

Well, I made it. 640 miles on the odometer and here I am! San Diego is a pretty neat place. Cycling is definitely big here... dedicated Bike Lanes on almost every street, all throughout the city. Cars are respectful. In fact, I dealt with more bicycles in traffic, than cars, in Pacific Beach. People have pride in their bikes, too. Custom paint jobs and part modifications are pretty common. I love it! Met an old friend for a drink and later hung out at what was probably the coolest hostel ever! I was the only person there who wasn't German or Australian.

Took a lot of patience to get here! A motel, in Brawley, mistakenly charged an enormous price for a room to my debit card. Didn't find out until I was DECLINED for a meal at Taco Bell. To cut a long story short: no money, mo problems. Anyhow, with help from my folks I will push onward, to San Francisco!!

















2 comments: