Tuesday, April 9, 2013

San Diego to Carlsbad, CA

It is definitely hard to push big miles through this part of the trail. Most of the time I'm more worried about paying attention to the map and to the traffic than enjoying any kind of scenery. Ill ride for maybe 2-3 miles, max, before having to turn onto another street. Don't get me wrong, though, a quick glance over my left shoulder would always reveal SUPER AWESOME views of the ocean. I've been riding so close to it, I can almost always hear and smell it. I love my Colorado mountain views, but this is pretty neat.

I pulled into the South Carlsbad State Park to camp for the night. Pretty low on funds so I tried to get away without paying. Didn't work. I was booted... but not without two free shower tokens from the Camp Host. Not sure if it was due to his kindness/guilt or if I just smelled really, really bad. Either way, it was much appreciated. I ended up getting to a little park in town. I set up my tent, fell asleep, then woke up to some bums set up around me. Yea...

I've been battling with my bike since before San Diego. The bottom bracket broke, which would be like a blown engine in your car. Without it working properly, you're not moving. I got it over to a Performance Bike shop and they took care of me... and also my parents!!! for helping me pay for it. Thank you so much!

Here are some pictures! Got to see Petco
Park!















1 comment: