Saturday, April 13, 2013

Resting!

The ride to Laguna Beach from Carlsbad really did some damage to my legs. I pushed them too hard and after several days without riding, they still hurt! Fortunately, an old friend has taken me in and given me a place to crash. I'm currently in Aliso Viejo waiting for a check from my 401(k) and to also let my body heal. This entire tour has been more expensive than I figured it would be. Until I get this check, I'm dead in the water! Fortunately, I have a nice place to sleep, a hot tub and a sauna. Life. Is. Good.

My bike has taken a beating. I already had to replace a crucial component of any bike, my bottom bracket, and my rear wheel is starting to go. I should be able to get another 500 miles out of it, but ill be crossing my fingers. I've had the time to finish up a bunch of maintenance on the bike the last few days. Besides the rear tire, she's running good!

I'm writing this as I'm battling a little cold. My nose is stuffed and runny, I'm sneezing and I'm coughing. It's minor, but just enough to put a damper on morale. As with any other problem, it'll go away!

Here's a picture of a plant in the apartment complex I'm staying in - It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's a plant...





1 comment: