Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"And Now You Will Have The Sky"

Last night at the Palo Verde Bar and Grill I spent some time talking with a old-school hippie, John, quite a bit about a lot things. We talked about human nature, traveling on the west coast and many other things that just aren't coming to me right now. John came to my campsite this afternoon to wish me well on my journey and to give me a necklace he crafted himself. I am still blown away by the kindness and couldn't be more thrilled by it. It's a beautiful piece. I'm honored to be wearing it. I told him it matches perfectly with the necklace I've been wearing. It was given to me by an old friend back home. The main bead is planet earth and I told John that I always carry the world around my neck... He replied, "and now you will have the sky."

These types of things are worth more to me than any amount of money. This necklace is going to see many incredible places with me.

1 comment:

  1. Geez. It seems I tear up when I read your posts these days! I'm so happy you're getting to meet these people. Just what you wanted!

    ReplyDelete