Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wickenburg to Salome

This was a really fun ride. Totally flat. Almost too flat, actually. Straight, flat road, with little to no scenery, for 55 miles. I listened to music while riding for the first time today. I can't believe I had waited so long. I had a blast! I pulled into Salome as the sun was setting behind a few peaks on the horizon. I was listening to some of my favorite stuff, the colors in the sky were incredible, I was completely elated, stoked on life, where I was and what I was doing... I couldn't hold it back, hate to say it, I cried. Out of complete joy, of course. I immediately began to laugh out loud at myself, while crying, which only made me laugh harder. Crazy fun. I'm staying at Shefflers Motel tonight, in Salome. Pink neon everywhere. I went across the street for food and ended up hitting the bar. Shared a beer and a shot with a cool fellow who ended up giving me a token for a free domestic beer, which I gave to the (very grateful) waiter. Payin' it forward. I'm in the hotel now, checking maps and watching that movie with Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher. Awful.

Sadly, for you, I didn't stop to take any pictures on the ride today. Fortunately I have some pictures of the gnarly plant life in Wickenburg, shots of my SuperBad SunBurns and a free appetizer from La Ranchero, that includes TWO salsas AND beans. Why doesn't every Mexican Restaurant do that!?


















2 comments:

  1. I know the exact feelings you described! I'm soooo happy for you! No doubt you're in cactus country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't stop for 55 miles!?! Holy cow! Gnarly plant life?!? Gnarly burn I'd say! Do you like my excessive use of exclamations?! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete