Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wait, I thought this was a bicycle tour!

Have been taking it easy today in Palo Verde. I got my hands on a canoe and took if for a cruise on the river! Way fun. This nice little lady just stopped by my campsite (which has WiFi!) and offered to bring me a fishing pole to use. Canoe ride/fishing tonight? Sounds pretty awesome and makes me forget about the desert ride ill be on tomorrow!

Sitting around the campsite with three more cycling tourists, going the opposite direction. Peggy, Jim and Paul. Awesome people! Peggy and Jim have thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail, which is my next goal and dream to conquer. Paul used a website called KickStarter to earn the money to travel the country on bicycle, taking portrait photographs of people he meets along the way. Very, very cool! Paul says, "here we are sitting within 20 feet of each other and were all looking at each others blogs to learn about one another." Ha! Gave us all a big laugh!





1 comment:

  1. Wait....are you canoeing on the very lagoon you're not even supposed to touch?!?!

    ReplyDelete