Friday, March 22, 2013

Salome to Quartzite

I was planning on making it to the Cali border tonight, but after an already long ride, I saw the enormous climb that Ill have to take to get there. I called it quits in Quartzite for the day. Cali tomorrow and San Diego shortly after!

My legs are now just as burned as, well, the rest of my body. It's pretty awful.

My legs continue to impress me. On a climb today, I found myself shifting into higher gears and actually gaining speed. Riding up big hills at 20 mph makes you feel pretty damn good. It was awesome! A climb that I probably would have walked three weeks ago, was a cake walk and not even a problem. I've always wanted to race bicycles, but haven't had the stamina or muscles to compete. After this, I might have to enter an amateur cycling event.

Not a lot of pictures again, I haven't been taking that many breaks. Sorry!













4 comments:

  1. ok. your sunburn makes me hurt, the pic with the lines on the road is way cool, and your beard is sooo long!!!!! Peace out man! I love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously? Why doesn't the rest of your leg look like your pasty-white feet?? I think that's the way it's supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I thought a lot about you while I was riding past those yellow flowers... Made me stop and take the picture!

    I love the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cal you're amazing!!! I've tried & tried to post a comment maybe I'll do it correctly this time. Love your blog, pics of my homeland AZ Were great. Sending you continued blessings on your journey!!

    ReplyDelete