Saturday, March 16, 2013

Other stuff...

I wanted to give my gear a shout out... geez, it's made my life on the road very comfortable. My waterproof stuff-sacks are awesome to keep food cold and dry in a cooler full of ice and water. My tent, tarps, and sleeping gear have kept me warm every night and have given me an awesome amount of comfort when I need it most. My bike is a real trooper. Knowing how to maintain every part of it makes repairs and upgrades really easy. There are a few very sweet, privately owned and operated bike shops in Prescott. I bought a new rear tire a few days ago and new front tire today. They're a bit wider and will give me a little more stability on the road. Also, they'll help prevent flats, which I've had my fair share of, so far. In fact, I had three flats in one day, not too long ago. No fun!! My Columbia pants are freaking incredible. I wear them everyday. With some biodegradable soap and water, they can be cleaned 100%, anywhere. Awesome. I bought some Vibram five finger shoes... way cool. I've been walking in them for around a week now and I love them. They're training me to walk toe first, which is the most natural way to lessen the impact of each step. The front of your feet are better shock absorbers than the heels of your feet. Walking this way improves posture and alleviates pressure on the joints in your legs and feet. Get some if you can!

The biggest treat of this tour so far has been the view of the sky at night. The stars are absolutely beautiful and have been a great form of entertainment for me.

Today will be my last in Prescott. It's been very hard to leave. Tomorrow Ill be in Wickenburg, where Ill begin heading west to San Diego, a little over 400 miles.

Here are some pics from one of the walking trails near my campsite, in Prescott.








No comments:

Post a Comment