Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 1.

So, today has been interesting. Crossing the border into Mexico was one of the most bizarre things I've done. The line of folks waiting to get into the US was intense and never-ending. A huge amount of people. I wasn't checked at all and was allowed right in! I immediately started riding and after a few hours, I realized I was headed in the wrong direction. I'm not sure of the name of this town I'm in, but I know I'm 10-15 miles north of where I wanted to be tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll start to back-track and attempt to find the right highway. The highways have tiny or non-existent shoulders and it made for a pretty exciting, nerve racking ride. I can't wait to get out of the Tijuana/Ensenada area.

Anyway, I found a hotel. It's pretty nice, was cheap and there are 6 Federal Police trucks in the courtyard... So, I'm safe!

I'm uploading footage from the GoPro and its taking a bit longer than I thought. I'm going to post it when it's finished, but here are some photos. I didn't take too many today, I'm sorry.

Just wanted to publicly thank my lovely mother for offering to drive me to San Diego to start this thing. Not only did she offer, she wanted to! So, couldn't be more grateful and I love you, mom, very much.

Thanks for reading! Stay tuned.

(The last picture is of a carwash/taco joint. Delicious!)















No comments:

Post a Comment