Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Week 2. Day 8.

The coldest night so far. Really glad I have nice clothes and gear. It makes a huge difference. I broke camp this morning and got back on the highway with San Vicente as my destination. I left before Tall Bike Bobby and Alix and told them I'd leave my Colorado flag off to the side of the road if I found good camping.

The ride started off fairly flat and the weather was incredible. Mid 70's, no wind and a bright blue sky. I took a little break in Polamar (I think), and ate some delicious tacos. I took off and after a few turns ran straight into another huge climb.
These mountain roads aren't safe at all. I hike instead of ride so I can get the f*** off the road (no shoulders) if I hear a Semi coming up from behind. There isn't room for me and two cars to be at the same spot on the road at the same time. I hiked about 4-5km. I ride down, but still stop and pull over when the road is busy. On my decent, an ambulance shot up the mountain and I can only hope that it wasn't for Bobby and Alix. Haven't heard or seen them ride through San Vicente.

San Vicente was 62km and overall it was a pretty great day. I found a hotel for less than $10 and had a good dinner.











No comments:

Post a Comment