Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 2.

I'm writing this post in Rosarito, the town I was hoping to be in last night. It was a trip getting here. I woke up this morning knowing I'd have to find the highway I need to be on. I thought I found it after about thirty minutes of riding, but turns out I was on the wrong freaking one!!! I needed Highway 1, but ended up on Highway 1D, which is a toll road that doesn't allow bikes. Anyway, I was told to turn around by the policia and ended up having to ride back to where I crossed the border. It took hours and miles of hiking up incredibly steep, dangerous and scary roads, but I made it. So scary and narrow that I chose to hike my bike instead of ride it.

My ride today was pretty interesting, but not discouraging. This is my first international trip and I'm adapting to it. It's crazy to see the slums in the mountains here. It's eye-opening and very sad. A combination of beautiful and disturbing views so far!

Here are some pictures. I'm trying to figure out how to upload GoPro footage still. I recorded a dog chasing me through the ghetto. Didn't catch me :) hopefully I can get those up soon.













No comments:

Post a Comment